What is a Wax Vaporizer?
A wax vaporizer pen, which also goes by the name dab pen, is a heating device made specifically for vaporizing concentrates or essential oils. The vaporizer can come in various different sizes, heating coils and even features. Different features include being able to change the temperature at which your atomizer heats up to, auto shut-off option and many more.Wax pen vaporizers prices can range from $20 to $200.
How a Dab Pen Works
A wax pen works pretty similarly to the dry herb vaporizer in that you put your material in the chamber, heat it up, and vape. With a concentrate vaporizer, the packing portion is a bit different. Dab pens usually come with a dab tool which lets you scoop up your wax and dab it on the atomizer. Depending on the atomizer, you will be dabbing it on the coil a little bit differently and coils vary too. Once you dab it onto the coil, close the mouthpiece and press the power button. Your concentrates will slowly start to melt and form a vapor cloud.
Different Heating Coils
As mentioned earlier, a wax vape pen can come with different coils but the main ones ceramic, quartz or titanium. They have different advantages to all three but at the end of the day, it’s all on your preference.
- Ceramic – Ceramic is generally a good bet because they are resistant to very high temperatures. This will ensure you do not burn off toxins or crack your coil. Some companies generally offer ceramic plate atomizers which are generally the safest because you do not deal with silica or even metal coils. One example of this is the Linx Hypnos Zero.
- Titanium – Titanium is fairly good too but can often give a funky taste depending on the quality. If it is made of good quality, you will notice it because it does not become brittle after 20-30 uses.
- Quartz – Quartz is another really good option because of its high temperature resistant element. You do not have to worry about burning off much toxins. Quartz however does not absorb any wax so you will definitely be burning most of it off. The KandyPens Galaxy wax pen vaporizer uses Quartz.
- Silica Wick – Silica is good because it absorbs your concentrates which can give you the ability to go back for round 2 or round 3 without having to re-load the coil. Silica wicks are generally wrapped around a titanium coil like our most popular and best seller, the Glass Globe Vaporizer.
Advantages of Dab Pens
Wax vapes are often compared to dab rigs and even though dab rigs may be useful at parties, dab pens are way better in many ways.
- Portable – An advantage to wax pens are that they can go just about anywhere and can fit in just about anywhere. Whether it’s in your pocket or a purse, the small size makes it easy to carry around with the worry of breaking something.
- Discreet – Wax vape pens are definitely the most discreet of them all. They look like a pen and don’t give off as much vapor.
- Save Money – The initial investment of a dab pen will be the steepest part of the investment because after that you don’t really need to spend much money after that nor have to worry about your vaporizer breaking since they come with warranty.
Need more information on Wax Vaporizers? Be sure to check out the blog posts below:
King Pen Vapes Definitive Guide to Wax Vaporizers
Top 6 Best Portable Wax Vaporizers Under $100 in 2016
Top 10 Wax Vaporizers of 2016