In what seems to be a market-defying stunt, the Haze Square Pro from Haze Vaporizers shies away from the trend of elongated and slim pen-style devices and instead opts for a square form factor that actually introduces a lot of function over what its unique form might imply. The device does have a few hurdles that new users need to overcome if they really wish to explore the full potential of what the Haze Square Pro can do but with that said, the Haze Square Pro might not be for the faint-of-heart, or least totally new to vaping
- Sturdy Aluminum Construction
- Compatibility with dry herbs, wax concentrates, and oils
- True Convection Heating
- 4 Rotating Chambers ready to be swapped out at will
- Integrated Mouthpiece tucks away for easy and quick storage
- Haptic Feedback for quick notifications
- Estimated 2 Hour Battery Life
- Quick charge times (<30 min) via USB C Port
- 5 Selectable Temperature Presets (320-480F range)
- Configurable via Windows software
- Four Bowls Packed
The Haze Square Pro brings us a never before seen feature in the form of its 4 rotating chambers which can be preloaded by your material of choice. With the Haze Square Pro compatible with dry herbs, wax concentrates, and oils, the kit presents a unique all in one alternative to switching between devices when you’re in the mood to vape multiple differing strains in succession.
Prepping 4 discrete bowls is also surprisingly convenient as it allows for longer uninterrupted sessions which is almost a godsend when vaping with company. Each chamber is labeled accordingly with clearly visible dots indicating which chamber is which so you don’t mix up your various preloaded strains of dry herbs or wax concentrates.
The mechanism to swap or rotate between the 4 chambers reminds us of a standard Rubix Cube, and while we’re usually averse to the concept of multiple moving parts within a precision electronic device, the Haze Square Pro is built sturdily enough to put up with the eventual wear and tear it’ll undergo with frequent use.
While the Haze Square Pro manages to subvert the expectations of many long-time vapers in terms of overall form factor and design, it does so in a surprisingly practical and convenient way. The elongated mouthpiece feels comfortable to use and tucks away for easy storage when slipping the device into your pocket. The square shape of the Haze Square Pro also lends the kit an extra degree of discreetness looking more akin to a regular mp3 player which should give the traveling vaper that extra bit of stealth when taking the Haze Square Pro out into the wild.
Another interesting design choice seen in the Haze Square Pro is the inclusion of a USB C port. While the technology is slowly taking over more common consumer electronics, we’ve yet to see it proliferate within the vaping space. It’s also thanks to the USB C port that the Haze Square Pro is available to achieve charging times below 30 minutes.
The Haze Square Pro is by no means flawless though and comes with a series of quirks that need to be dealt with in order to get the best possible vaping experience. Despite using convection to heat your chosen product, the Haze Square Pro does have a tendency to burn or combust dry herb when setting the temperatures too high or when failing to properly grind and pack the herb into the chamber. Another issue is the rather lackluster battery life which tends to only last a maximum of 5-10 sessions depending on your chosen temperature settings. Fortunately, the non-existent charging time helps alleviate this issue.
How to Use the Haze Square Pro
- First charge up the Haze Square Pro using the included wall charger or USB C charging cable. An LED indicator will start flashing red to let you know the device is currently being charged. After the device is fully charged, the LED indicator will then switch over to a solid green to let you know that you can disconnect the charger and that the Haze Square Pro is ready for use.
- Open the lid containing the 4 chambers by rotating the lock in the center until it’s in the horizontal position. After detaching the lid from the Haze Square Pro, access the chambers by removing the tray which is locked by a tab on the side of the lid.
- After removing the tray lid, you now have full access to the chambers used to store your material of choice. If using dry herbs, make sure you grind the herb finely, avoiding course chunks of plant material to help facilitate even heating and a more consistent airflow. Pack the dry herb into the chamber tightly and ensure no loose plant materials are floating inside the chamber.
- If using the Haze Square Pro with oils or liquids, remove the silicone lid from the pod and place a few drops of oil into the concentrate pad. It’s important that you do not overfill as this will only result in a waste of oil. The concentrate pad should only be damp after dripping oil onto it. Place the silicone lid back on top of the pod.
- For concentrates, the process is identical to when using oils or liquids, simply place a dab or two onto the concentrate pad after opening the silicone lid then firmly secure the lid after you’ve dabbed your desired amount onto the pad.
- Reinsert the material pods back into the tray, secure the tray back inside the lid, and connect the lid back to the main body of the device, making sure to lock the lid in place by rotating the lock to a vertical position.
- Remove the detachable mouthpiece from its storage space at the bottom corner of the Haze Square Pro. Insert it into the air path located at the top of the device (located right next to the buttons used to adjust temperature)
- Power on the Haze Square Pro by pressing the power button at the middle of the device 3 times. Holding the button for 3 seconds lets you check the remaining battery life via the LED indicator highlighting the power button. A green LED indicates that the device is either at full charge or at least very close to a full charge. A yellow LED indicates that the battery is around 50%. An orange indicator means that the battery is at less than 35% and when the indicator starts flashing red, it means that the battery is in need of immediate recharging before the device can be used again.
- After turning the Haze Square Pro on, select your desired temperature preset via the +/- buttons located at the top of the device. The LED indicator will pulse between blue to red to indicate the current temperature preset with blue for the lower temperatures (ideal for dry herbs) and red for the higher temperatures (great for concentrates)
- Rotate the lid, aligning the chamber indicator symbol to lock the lid in place as well as to select which chamber you want to vape with.
- Hold the power button down to begin the heating process. The LED indicator will flash to indicate that the mod is in the process of heating up to your desired temperature. Once the indicator turns green, the Haze Square Pro will also vibrate to indicate that the desired temperature has been reached. Now you’re ready to vape? Inhale slowly or quickly depending on your preference to vapor quality and quantity.
- 1 x Haze Square Pro
- 4 x Material Pods
- 2 x Stainless Steel Concentrate Pads
- 2 x Silicone Lids
- 1 x Mouthpiece
- 1 x Wall Charger
- 1 x USB-C Charge Cord
- 1 x Cleaning Tool
- 1 x Material Tool
- 1 x User Guide
- 1 x 10 Year Warranty