Last updated on July 30th, 2018 at 10:57 pm
With a design as intriguing and intelligent as its name, the DaVinci IQ Vaporizer is one of the most unique portable dry herb vaporizers on the market. However, design and extra features doesn’t always mean that a vaporizer is of a superior quality. Let’s take an in-depth look and discover what the DaVinci IQ has to offer. Do you think it will meet the expectations set by its name?
Key Features of the DaVinci IQ
- Has a unique LED dot display with 51 dots that shows you every possible temperature range as you experiment with the vaporizer.
- Uses a ceramic zirconia vapor path to preserve the flavor of the dry herbs you pack so that you have an enjoyable vape session.
- Has an additional “flavor chamber” designed to hold extra herbs so that you can mix different herbal flavors while you vape.
- Comes integrated with smart path technology. It is a technology that gradually raises the temperature as you vape. This way you can experience the changes in your herbal vapor profiles as you go through a session.
- Has an app that you can connect to your vaporizer via bluetooth and allows you to control your vaporizer right from you phone.
- Uses an interchangeable and rechargeable 18650 3500 mAH battery so that you can keep vaping without having to charge your vaporizer when it dies.
- Precision temperature control gives you the ability to experiment with different heat settings and figure out what creates the best vapor profiles.
- Has two additional vaping modes, standby and boost. They help to preserve energy while you are not actively hitting your vape and to rapidly heat up your vaporizer when it does come time to hit it.
If you could give someone a one word summary as to the overall look and feel of the DaVinci IQ, it would be “luxurious”.
Let’s start with the aesthetic of the DaVinci IQ. This portable vaporizer comes in four colors, navy blue, copper, dark gray, and black. The overall look of the IQ vape is sleek with a mouth shaped indent at the top of the device. There’s a slightly curved rectangular body and flat bottom. The 51 LED light display on the front of the device gives the IQ a very futuristic feel.
Regarding the body of the vaporizer, the IQ’s casing is made out of anodized aluminum, which heavily protects the device from damage. It also adds to the sleek and futuristic feel of the IQ. Despite all the metal and the large pieces of the IQ, the device is rather lightweight. Believe me, it can survive drops and other mishaps. Overall, the DaVinci IQ was excellently designed.
Heating Method of the IQ Vaporizer
The DaVinci IQ uses a hybrid heating method but dominantly conduction heating to heat your dry herbs. The biggest question that comes up when talking about the conduction heating method and the IQ is, will the vaporizer be able to handle long and intense vaping sessions? This is a common concern with most vaporizers. However, the heating unit within the IQ is a very powerful piece and is able to handle large draws without suffering from the amount of heat produced and power needed to produce the vapor.
DaVinci uses hybrid heating on all their vaporizers. They do this to prevent the drawbacks of normal combustion. They still want to have quick heat up times.
THe vapor quality of the DaVinci IQ is perfect in both how much vapor is produced and the flavor of the vapor itself. The only issue comes from the silicone mouthpiece. If you have ever vaped with a mouthpiece that was plastic, rubber, or silicone, you know that these types of materials often seep into the flavors of the vapor and somewhat reduce the purity of the vapor itself. Although this doesn’t seem to be too big of a problem with the IQ, it still should be noted in case you notice that the flavor doesn’t come out the way you expected. You can opt for extended mouthpieces too.
This vaporizer is capable of reaching temperatures as low as 250°F (121°C) to temperatures as high as 430°F (221°C). Using the Smart Path technology, you can set your device to gradually increase its temperature by 20 degrees as you go throughout your vaping session. This feature allows you to experience the different tastes that come from your herbs as they vaporize at different temperatures.
If you would prefer to have a set temperature throughout your entire vaping session, the IQ is capable of that as well. All you have to do is set the temperature using the buttons on the body of the device. You can also access the DaVinci IQ app and the vaporizer will stay at that temperature until you choose to use the Smart Path option or change the temperature manually.
The ceramic herbal heating chamber is designed to produce excellent vapor and to make it easier for you to clean. In addition to the first chamber, the DaVinci IQ has a second flavor chamber that is located right beneath the mouthpiece. Although this second chamber is not directly heated like the first chamber, the vapor from the first chamber slightly heats up the flavor chamber. It also allows the flavor from the dry herbs in the top chamber to mix with the vapor from the bottom chamber. It gives you new, unique flavor experiences that you don’t usually get to try while vaping.
The IQ uses an interchangeable and rechargeable 18650 3500 mAH battery, which means that you can have several on hand with you in the event that one of your batteries dies while you are in the middle of a vaping session. The battery lasts about 70 minutes on a medium temperature setting but will vary depending on how high or low your temperature setting is and how intense your vaping sessions are. If you choose to, the IQ also includes a micro USB port so that you can charge your device instead of replacing the battery.
There are quite a few pros to using the DaVinci IQ. Here are a few of the most notable:
- The IQ is lightweight and compact. This makes it easy to bring with you and vape discreetly.
- The battery is rechargeable and replaceable. You can always bring backup batteries to make sure that you never have to stop vaping.
- Has an app you can connect to to tailor your vaping experience and make using your vape even easier.
- Because of the ceramic chamber and pathway, the quality of the thickness and flavor of the vapor produced by the IQ is excellent.
- Looks great for a portable vaporizer and is so unique that no one would guess that it was a portable vaporizer.
There are only a few issues with the DaVinci IQ The first being that some of the parts of the IQ are easy to lose and detach somewhat easily from the body itself. The second issue was that the ceramic heating chamber stains rather easily. Although this doesn’t really effect the flavor profile of your herbs, it can be unsightly to look at if you prefer a really clean oven.
Should You Choose the DaVinci IQ Vaporizer?
The DaVinci IQ is a good-looking and well-designed product that has very few downsides. With all of its features, it definitely stands out from the crowd and makes an impression. If you are in the market for a very discreet and impressive portable vaporizer, we highly recommend that you try out the DaVinci IQ.