Last updated on October 30th, 2018 at 09:40 pm
The Atmos Kiln is a very attractive dab pen that is similar in design to the KandyPens Mini Wax vaporizer, except for the fact that it can be modified to provide even more vaping possibilities. For dab pen enthusiasts, here is a comprehensive review of the Atmos Kiln wax pen.
Key Features of the Atmos Kiln:
The Atmos Kiln is a simple device but don’t let that make you think that it doesn’t have any special features. These are some of the major features that come with the Atmos Kiln that you should know about.
- Is capable of vaporizing both wax concentrates and oil concentrates.
- Uses a coil-less ceramic disc atomizer to prevent wax concentrates from being burned and wasted.
- Dual air vents help to improve the air flow through the device and decrease the draw resistance.
- Is insulated twice to make sure that the intense heat produced by the device doesn’t harm you during use.
- Has a 510 thread so that you can use it with any battery that is compatible with 510 threads.
- Has a five year warranty that applies to the battery in the device.
Pros and Cons:
When using the Atmos Kiln, here are some of the most noticeable advantages and disadvantages you’ll see with this dab pen.
- You’ll never have to deal with burnt wax concentrates since the Atmos Kiln uses a coilless ceramic disc to slow burn the concentrates at all temperatures.
- You can use it to smoke oil concentrates or you can modify it to take powerful dab hits with your wax concentrates.
- The internal components of the Atmos Kiln are extremely well-insulated, protecting you and making it easier to hold even at the higher temperature settings.
- The Atmos Kiln is extremely powerful, meaning that it produces huge, flavorful vapor clouds and heats up in a matter of seconds.
- Because the Kiln uses a ceramic disk, you retain the flavors of your wax concentrates.
- Compared to most dab pens, this one is a much more affordable options. This is also amazing when you take into account its ability to work with multiple substances.
- The Atmos Kiln comes with a rather small chamber, meaning that you can’t load too much wax into the chamber or else you will experience serious draw resistance.
- Since the Kiln is meant to reach higher temperatures and because the chamber is so small, the boiling wax concentrates are known to bubble up and build up on the top of the mouthpiece and other areas inside the dab pen. This can be messy and cause draw resistance.
The Atmos Kiln comes equipped with a 950mAh Dual-IC Protected Lithium-ion Battery. However, since there is no temperature control, there is no way that you can control how hot it gets when you are using it. This typically won’t be an issue, however, as the waxes will melt just fine with the wattage provided and will remain perfectly vaporized due to the ceramic disk design. If you are aiming for more control, you can always replace the battery with another one that is 510 thread compatible!
Using dual air vents, the Atmos Kiln is designed to ensure excellent air flow when taking pulls from your dab pen. Due to the power, you will not need to take pulls of more than a few seconds to get large, flavorful vapor clouds. The only thing that you need to take into consideration when it comes to air flow is the amount of wax in your chamber and the length of your pulls. If you put too much wax into your chamber at once, it will clog your device. Also, if you take pulls that are too long, it is known to cause some draw resistance due to the overheating of the wax.
The Atmos Kiln, like most excellent dab pens, instantly heats the ceramic dish within seconds to allow you to take pulls from your device instantly. In addition to the rapid heating, the design of the ceramic dish keeps your wax heating slowly and evenly, ensuring that your concentrates do not burn while you are using the device. If you do not like the heating component that comes with the device, the best part is that you can always change the battery out to modify your device and experience an entirely new wax vaping session!
Clean Vapor Quality
The Atmos Kiln was designed to make your vapor quality the best that it can possibly be. The ceramic dish component in the device keeps your wax concentrates from being tainted from any mental or internal pieces of the device. In addition, the dual vent holes that are featured on the device allow for cool air to constantly enter the device as you are taking pulls, keeping your wax from overheating or getting burned. These two features allow your wax concentrates to vaporize as intended and maintain their flavor.
- The dimensions for this device are 1.75” x 2.5” x 5.5”
- The weight of this device is approximately 0.80 pounds.
- The power in voltage for this device is 110v.
How to Use the Atmos Kiln:
When you first purchase your Atmos Kiln, you need to make sure that you charge your device fully before you begin using it. Once it has been fully charged, remove the mouthpiece from the top of your device to access the loading chamber inside of the device. Using the loading tool that came with your purchase, carefully scoop your wax into the chamber. (Remember, this device is not made to handle large amounts of wax at a time.) When you’ve finished loading your wax, replace the mouthpiece and press the power button. Your device is now loaded and ready to go!
When it comes to dab pens, the Atmos Kiln is an easy-to-use and high-quality option that is perfect for wax enthusiasts of any experience level. If you have been thinking about getting a new dab pen, we highly recommend that you take a look at the Atmos Kiln as your next option!