Last updated on June 29th, 2018 at 05:24 pm
When you want to purchase your first dry herb vaporizer or even upgrade, you want to make sure you have all points covered. We have covered 10 points that you can use and create your own scoring guide to find which vaporizer to buy. With the holidays coming up and 2018 just around the corner, you want to make sure you have the latest and greatest herbal pen.
- Portability: If you want to take it out with you, make sure you get something that is portable. Usually that means something small enough to fit in yourpocket or purse but it completely depends on your lifestyle. You also want it to have an ergonomical grip in your hand without feeling like it’s bothering you. Make sure you want something round and cylindrical or long and wide. Portable vaporizers are the most purchased types strcitly for the fact that you can take it anywhere you want.
- Discreet: If you’re using the unit outside, you might want some discreetness to it. It will be hard to have a big noticeable dry herb vaporizer in your hand when there are many others around. Packing your herbs will also be hard.
- Temperature Control Setting: Being able to change the temperature on your vape pen is probably one of the most important feature to look out for. Not all herbs are the same as some are moister and others are more dry. Having it moister will require a higher temperature and something dry will require a lower temperature. All this can play a big role in the quality and flavor of your vapor. This is also very useful in case you have a triple use vaporizer. Concentrates, herbs and oils or liquids all vaporize at a different temperature.
- Battery: Having a unit that lasts for a long time is very useful. You do not want to charge your vape and go to the beach or mountains for a little adventure to find out your vapes battery charge died within an hour. Also keep in mind there are vape devices that let you change batteries while others are only stuck in the unit. Having the option to change around batteries is a much more flexible option. When one dies out, simply remove it and put a new one in.
- Vapor Quality: Vapor quality has a lot to do with the temperature but it also has to do with the vape itself. The amount of vapor it produces can be a result of many things also.
- Vapor Flavor: The flavor of your vapor will matter a lot, especially if you have a good tasting herb. Having a unit with a ceramic or glass air path will give you a much better consistent taste.
- Air path/air flow: Making sure it has a clear open air path made from glass or ceramic is very ideal and safe. Having a good air flow will also give you the advantage of more potent vapor. It will also ensure you do not come across any clogging.
- Heating Chamber Oven: Having a big area to pack more herbs in is better because you do not need to keep opening the mouthpiece to pack again. This is helpful when you’re always using it out and about. A safer way to go for chambers are ceramic and glass. Stainless steel is also a good alternative. They have high heating temperature threshold so they can withstand more heat without burning any toxins off. It also helps because there is no direct flame to it.
- Conduction or convection heating: Knowing which type of vaporizer heating method you want is also very important. If you’re using vaporizers for a medical reason, then you do not want a conduction vaporizer. Conduction vapes have a circular flat coil that the herbs sit on. Technically that is considered combustion and not a ture form of vaporization. You do not want your dry herbs touching any source of heat which burns it. This will give your herbs a charred effect like smoking. Convection heating is where the herbs are placed in the herbal oven and the heat transfers through, creating vapor. This is how you can ensure you get better vapor flavor and quality.
- Display: Having the ability to check out the vapes info on an LCD or LED display is very important. Some devices give you the option to see your current temperature level and battery level to know when you would need a recharge. These are both key features you want on your next weed vaporizer.